I has kept on hearing about people being Google certified and I was interested. But what was it all about?
If you are interested in becoming a Google Educator, visit this website Google for Education. It has all of the information to begin your journey. In order to begin your training, go to training and then Get Certified.
In my experience I skipped the Learn the Basics section since I was using Google everyday but do what works best for you. If you feel comfortable, as I did, you can move onto Become a Google Educator. I had assumed, as I’m sure some of you assumed that if you use Google Apps everyday, you really don’t need to take the courses in Gmail, Docs & Drive, Calendar and Sites. We are WRONG! Read through the courses! I learned so much reading through them.
In order to become a Google Educator you need to take exams in Gmail, Docs & Drive, Calendar, Sites and you get the choice of one elective: Chrome Browser, Chromebooks, or Tablets with Google Play for Education. My elective that I took was Chrome Browser.
My experience taking these exams was a challenging one. To be fair, I have never been good at exams or really school for that matter. So to be self inflicting myself with 5 exams ‘for fun’ is CRAZY! I did find the exams very detailed and thorough. To be completely honest, I did fail the Gmail and Sites exams and when you fail an exam you have to wait 7 days to try it again.
Google Educator Test Details:
- 90 minutes
- 60 questions
- able to mark them to come back to them
- 15$ per test
- if you fail, there is a 7 day waiting period and you have to pay again
Essential advice for becoming a Google Educator.
- Read through the courses completely
- Make notes if you need to
- Keep the training open to quickly find something (Ctrl F)
- Open and search for answers in google (see below)
- When searching, use the tests language
- Have search window and test window open side by side
- if not sure of a question, mark it and come back to it
Help for exams:
Have these open when you take your exam!
- Gmail Help
- Calendar Help
- Docs & Drive Help
- Sites Help
- Chrome Browser Help
- Chromebooks Help
- Tablet with Google Play Help
One of my summer goals was to become a Google Educator and now my goal is complete!