Recently I was on an Eduslam binge. Eduslam is a website that makes videos with amazing educators about awesome ideas they have. Watching their videos has definitely changed me as an educator and definitely worth a watch.
I was watching one Eduslam with Karl Lindgren-Steicher and he was talking about his creation, the Coffee Cue. A Coffee Cue or aka Brew Cue is when educators casually meet up, chat education and drink coffees or beer.
I loved this idea since it is so informal and yet it has the vibe of a smaller edcamp (which I of course love).
I finished watching the video and tweeted out that we should start a Coffee Cue in Ottawa. My friend and colleague Shauna Pollock (@misspollock) immediately tweeted me back about an idea she has been thinking about for 2 years.
So the idea of Think Tank was born. Shauna and I met in July 2014 to talk about the fine details. Please see Shauna’s blog post here.
Think Tank is a time to meet with other awesome educators, share ideas and collaborate.
Is this right for you? (taken from Shauna’s blog post)
- Are you a passionate educator of some shape, form or role?
- Do you live in the Ottawa area? Are you visiting the Ottawa area on a Think Tank Third Thursday?
- Are you willing to use some of your personal evening time to meet with other passionate educators?
- Do you have questions, dreams, ideas and plans you’d like to share?
- Thursday, September 18th, 2014 6 p.m.-whenever, 1000 Sushi Islands, 1696 Carling Ave., Ottawa
- Thursday, October 16th, 2014 – location TBA
- Thursday, November 20th, 2014 – location TBA
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com, tweet me @classcollect and use the hashtag #thta.
To sign up to come to Think Tank, please visit Shauna’s blog post and enter your information into the Google form!